How to connect WhatsApp through Chat-API provider
The WhatsApp Chat-API connection is made through the Chat API provider using the mobile application of the user's device.
To connect, you need to scan the QR code from the Personal Account screen in the WhatsApp mobile application.
Get a license with WhatsApp Chat-API
To use the WhatsApp Chat-API, you must select the WhatsApp [WEB] messenger when registering a license.
Set up WhatsApp Chat-API connection
1️⃣ Click on the messenger icon
Go to Channels [Licenses] in your ChatApp Personal Account and select a license with WhatsApp Chat-API. Click on the WhatsApp messenger icon in the connected license.
The messenger icon in the Personal Account is identical to the messenger icon in the mobile application.
2️⃣ Go to messenger settings
In the messenger settings, a qr-code and control panel buttons on the left should be displayed on the right.
If the qr-code is not displayed, click on the “Clear” button - the license data will be completely cleared on the servers and received again.
3️⃣ Go to WhatsApp mobile app
Open the WhatsApp app on your mobile device and go to settings and then select "Linked Devices". Use "Device Link" to scan the QR code.
Go to the WhatsApp app and tap on the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen. Select the "Linked devices" item and click on the "Link a device" button.
Go to the WhatsApp app and click on the three dots at the top of the screen, select "Linked Devices". After that, click on the “Link device” button.
4️⃣ Scan the QR code on the WhatsApp mobile application from the computer screen
After scanning the qr-code, in the messenger settings in the Personal Account, the connection statuses will be displayed on the right, which indicates the successful connection of the account.
To check if it works, you can send a test message directly from the settings or go to the web chat and try to write a message to a contact.
What should I do if the QR code is not displayed or an error occurs when connecting?
In situations where a connection error occurs or the qr-code is not displayed, use the control panel buttons in the messenger settings in your Personal Account.
- "Clean" - completely clears the integration of messages and disconnects the connection to the WhatsApp account, you will need to re-authorize via QR (messages remain only on the phone)
- "Reboot" - reloads the license data and can help in case of missing or disconnected connection. Reloading occurs automatically in case of an error on the license or disconnection when entering the Personal Account.
- "Reload" - a deeper reload of the license, in case the standard Reload did not solve the problem.
- "Clear queue" - clears the queue of sent files. Used when a corrupted file could interfere with sending messages.
- "Unlink account" - disconnects the WhatsApp account from the ChatApp license.
- "Return to session" - if a WhatsApp account was opened on another device, then Return to session will return the session to ChatApp integration.
If you want to securely store your correspondence, we recommend setting up synchronization with Google Drive.
- Installing Application
- Channels connection
- Messenger integration
- WhatsApp integration
- WhatsApp Business API integration
- Telegram integration
- Viber integration in Bitrix 24
- Telegram bot integration
- Integration of Avito
- How to start a dialogue with a Telegram user
- Send message first from CRM
- Duplicate leads and deals
- About BotApp24
- Install BotApp24
- Teach Chatbot
- Create Chatbot
- Connect Chatbot to Bitrix24
- Add Chatbot to Open Channel
- Test Chatbot
- Configure Data Collection
- Chatbot Response to WhatsApp Calls
- Setting up a chatbot to collect feedback
- Configure Regular Expressions
- Special Characters for Regular Expressions
- FAQ. BotApp24