The automation rule was created to automatically send plain text messages or messages with attached CRM documents to the group.
An example of sending a message to a group
To send a message to the required WhatsApp group after moving to a certain stage of a deal:
1. Add a ChatApp automation rule - Send a message to a deal, for example at the Prepayment stage.
2. Setup the automation rule.
- Group id - when creating/adding a group, the WhatsApp Group id field will appear in the card
- Message text - the text message that the robot will send to the group
- Account ID - specify the ChatApp account ID. If you leave the field blank, the system will send the message from the account that is first in the list in the ChatApp settings
- Select the channel to send the message and the send display.
- See in Open Lines - Messages sent by the robot will appear in Open Lines chats. If the option is off, messages will only appear in the contact, lead or deal card - in the comments area
- Run as - specify an employee who has access to contacts, leads or deals.
- Asynchronous result - allows to get exact data about message sending. Read more in the article.
- Add result to CRM card comments - Display message sending status.
3. To receive a notification after the message is sent, the person responsible for the deal should be configured with another automation rule. This will help you know if an error occurred while submitting.
If you still have questions, we have prepared a video tutorial about sending a message to group using the ChatApp robot in Bitrix24.