Setting up links to go to the WhatsApp messenger
When configuring the ChatApp widget and adding links to the WhatsApp messenger, users may experience problems following those links.
Using a different type of links will help fix the transition problem.
How it works?
Currently, the public link to the WhatsApp chat is a link that looks like: https://wa.me/7xxxxxxxxxx.
Unfortunately, this type of link may not work correctly, so ChatApp suggests using links with the form: https://chatapp.online/wa-redirect/?phone=7xxxxxxxxxx, where “хххххххх” is the contact's phone number.
When clicking on such a link, the user immediately enters the WhatsApp conversation and can send messages.
When setting up a link, you can make sure that the client in the messenger is immediately offered the finished text.
In this case, you need to use a link like: https://chatapp.online/wa-redirect/?phone=79675553103&text=xxxxxxxx xxxxx. In this case, instead of "xxxxxxxx xxxxx" you need to use some text. For example, "Good afternoon."
The link will look like this: https://chatapp.online/wa-redirect/?phone=79675553103&text=good afternoon
You can enter any text in the link and use emoji.
- Installing Application
- Channels connection
- Messenger integration
- WhatsApp integration
- WhatsApp Business API integration
- Telegram integration
- Viber integration in Bitrix 24
- Telegram bot integration
- Integration of Avito
- How to start a dialogue with a Telegram user
- Send message first from CRM
- Duplicate leads and deals
- About BotApp24
- Install BotApp24
- Teach Chatbot
- Create Chatbot
- Connect Chatbot to Bitrix24
- Add Chatbot to Open Channel
- Test Chatbot
- Configure Data Collection
- Chatbot Response to WhatsApp Calls
- Setting up a chatbot to collect feedback
- Configure Regular Expressions
- Special Characters for Regular Expressions
- FAQ. BotApp24