Smart Mailing is a special ChatApp module that allows you to create and configure mailings to your customers via popular messengers.
Mailing by existing dialogs in messengers
Mailing to a list of contacts or phones
Phrase substitution, generation of personalized messages
Pause between messages
Setting the time of mailing to exclude night messages
Stages: Buying a license - Connection of messengers - Smart Messaging
For set up go to: My Account - Newsletters - New messaging
Available messengers: WhatsApp, Telegram
- ChatApp smart messaging features
- How to set up and run smart messaging
- Messaging result - statuses of sent messages
Messengers are intolerable to Newsletters and may apply sanctions for spam*. Flexible frameworks of messaging process in ChatApp allow not to excite robot’s suspicion and prevent account lock-out in messengers.
Messaging module writes first, the second message is a SalesBot answer to the client’s message.
*for messaging in WhatsApp it’s better to use the official channel WhatsApp Business API(WABA).
ChatApp smart messaging features
Smart messaging is a special module of ChatApp that allows to creation and set up of messaging to clients via popular messengers.
- Messaging to existing dialogs in messengers;
- Messaging to contacts or phone numbers list;
- Substitution of phrases, generation of unique messages;
- Pause between messages;
- Setting the time period for messaging to avoid messaging in a nighttime
How to set up and run smart messaging in ChatApp
Messengers available for newsletters are displayed in My Account, Main menu, Newsletters, after buying a license and messengers connection.
To create Newsletters:
1. Go to your personal ChatApp account, select "Work with clients" in the left menu.
2. Select "Newsletters".
3. Select a channel available for messaging.
2. Enter a name to be displayed in the distribution list.
3. Set a start and end time of messaging - messages will be sent only within the specified period of time. Time zone: GMT+3 (Europe/Moscow)
- Next, you should select the minimum and maximum value of the delay between sending messages in seconds - when sending messages in a mailing list, the value for the delay will be selected randomly.
- Specify the start and end date of the mailing to ensure that clients receive messages on time.
- Specify the line from which the mailing will be sent. You can select several lines, in which case the mailing will be sent one by one from each line, 1 message at a time.
4. Then create a contacts list for messaging. Messages will be sent to these contacts in messengers. ChatApp allows to load contacts:
- from dialogs in selected licenses
- by importing .csv file with contacts
- by adding contacts manually as a phone numbers list or @username
- load a list from groups parcer in Telegram*
The list may be edited - sorted and filtered, you may add and remove contacts to and from the distribution list to which messages will be sent.
This option of contacts loading is available for messaging in Telegram
- When adding contacts, e.g. when importing files, it is possible to add other parameters for additional use in the mailing content, for more personalization of the client.
5. Below you need to enter the text of a message which will be sent to the contacts from the distribution list.
6. You may use variables in the message text. For substitution of pre-defined phrases to the text:
- create a variable - enter the variable name and phrase options
- add the variable to the text message - marked with[ ], variable name in square brackets.
For example, variable [variable] - in the text will add different greeting values that we specify:
7. Press Save message button
8. Next in the distribution list press Start messaging button. Here you also could check the status, edit, check statistics or remove created messaging.
Example of a mailing with parameters and variables
We need to send a mailing to contacts who have ordered a product, we have the information:
- FirstName, LastName [firstName] [lastName].
- Phone number
- Order number [param1]
- Order amount [param2]
- New variable - [variable] - text options
Errors and unsent messages
If during the mailing some messages were not sent due to an error, you can repeat the mailing by clicking on the "Retry distribution for contacts in error status" button.
Messaging result - statuses of sent messages
Time of messages sending is controlled by user so messages may stay in initial status and after set time users could read your messages.
- waiting to be sent;
Select the statuses check icon in the distribution list.